Tuesday 10 January 2012

My test strips


Still life test strip (1)
Still life test strip (2)
These two test strips are one of the collection because I have many test strips that I have done to check the time that I had to expose the photographs for because also I had my filter on and it was on at the highest number it could be (5) and everytime I wanted to do a new photograph, I had to find the grain and do a test strip because every photograph of mine was different and therefore they differentiated in time and filter number and also aperture number.

The first test strip went nearly all black and this showed that none of the first times was correct. In the end, I had to go with a guess that was aided by the light area on the right of the photograph and the dark greyish area that was next to the only light/ light grey area on the test strip.

The second test strip gave more variety to the lightness of the photograph and helped me choose a correct time more easily than the first one did because there is a graduated lightness before turning black so I roughly knew that the time would be a short time but I also had to figure out if I needed to put on filters or not to get the right image up. It only went grey towards the left of the page but this didn't matter because I felt that the lightness helped pick out the correct time for the exposure.

Still life outcome

This is the final outcome of the Still life and I feel that the correct time that I chose was right because here it's not too dark yet it's not blindingly bright and has contrast with the objects in the middle being grey in colour with the box that we made to surround the inanimate objects giving contrast as it is white.

No comments:

Post a Comment